Welcome to Dinotots Childcare!
We understand that whether this is your first time visiting a nursery, or if you are transferring from another setting, there is always going to be a significant transition for both you and your child. We also understand that this should always be handled with care and sensitivity. If this is your first experience of nursery life it will more than likely be the longest time you have been away from your son or daughter, and them from you!
For that reason we have put together a structured and considered approach to settling both parents/carers and children into the routines of the nursery as well as providing us with opportunities to gather as much information about you and your child to ensure a successful start for all parties
You will be given plenty of time to settle into nursery life to feel reassured and happy with the new situation. Young children are very adaptable and quickly begin to enjoy their new surroundings, friends and activities. If you are thinking of booking your child(ren) into the nursery or wish to consider your decision further, this information should provide you with a comprehensive guide as to how, with your help, we can together achieve the best possible outcomes for your children
- BOOKING AND REGISTRATION – Once you are happy with your decision, you complete your booking form. Normally, we will have already discussed availability, start dates, fees, payment and any special needs.
- DEPOSIT – You return your booking form to the nursery with the agreed deposit. The current deposit rate as of September 2019 is £50.00.
- CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING AND START DATE – Once we receive your booking, we acknowledge the details in your welcome pack which contains all the details we have discussed and agreed.
- COMPUTERISED NURSERY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – We log all your initial booking details into our computerised nursery management system. This keeps everything in one, accessible and secure location. It tells us all about your child(ren) issues the fee invoices and facilitates automatic payments. We observe the recommendations of the General Data Protection Regulations with all our hard copy and digital records.
- GRANTS AND SUBSIDIES – We will also talk through the current availability of any funding and walk through details relating to the Early Years Funding Entitlement, if your child qualifies. This is an amount advised to us by the Local Education Authority for free sessions, which are discounted from your fees. This is applicable to all children aged 3 and 4, plus 2 year olds who are eligible. Please see the Family Information Service for more details.
- WORKPLACE VOUCHERS – We can also advise you at this point on other forms of funding for childcare such as workplace vouchers, which provide tax and national insurance rebates against childcare fees. Our provider number will be needed by your voucher company when initiating the salary sacrifice scheme. Dependent on which scheme is available to you from your employer will depend on the required reference.
- SETTLING-IN SESSIONS – There are two settling-in sessions available for you and your child which usually take place two weeks before the start date. Settling-in sessions normally consist of one or two hour sessions however should more be required in order to achieve a smooth transition this can be discussed as the sessions progress.
- RE-ACQUAINT YOURSELF WITH THE NURSERY BEFORE STARTING – Especially if you booked many months in advance, we invite you to come and see the nursery again before the start date. Please feel free to bring a partner, friend or other relative.
- BOOKING THE SETTLING-IN SESSIONS – These will be confirmed with you and the dates of the two settling-in sessions will be added to the diary.
- SETTLING YOUR CHILD – At the settling-in sessions we would ask that you leave your child with us so he / she gets used to the new environment and new friends with you not being in the room.
- KEYPERSON – We will introduce you to your child’s key worker and talk through how your child will be cared for during their time at the nursery. We’ll show you how we record information about your child’s daily activities. We’ll talk about the way we observe and monitor your child’s progress including any structured approaches such as the Early Years Foundation Stage. We’ll talk you through key nursery policies and procedures.
- CONTACTS AND SECURITY – We ask you to complete a registration form during your first settle for you and your child, telling us names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. We would like to know all the key people who may be dropping off and collecting your child as an extra layer of security.
- CARE PLAN – At the settling in sessions we will go through the completed care plan of details about your child which tell us about routines, sleep patterns, diet, allergies, previous nursery experience and everything we need to know to ensure we settle in your child as efficiently and comfortably as possible.
- CONSENT FORMS – We will also ask you to complete an online profile including consent forms for outings, sun cream, photographs and other matters where we need your authority beforehand.
- STARTING AT NURSERY – We will review the settling-in periods and finalise the details for the actual start date after which, we look forward to welcoming you and your child into the nursery.